Super stoked about this tour. Never been on tour before, and I get to do it with some of the best human beings I know. Five guys crammed in a fifteen passenger van, staying in one bedroom motel 6s all across the midwest for 20 days, playing music. What’s better than that?
I’ve never been to any of these states, so I’m really excited to see a ton of new stuff. New ecosystems and climates, different types of animals and trees and wildlife, new buildings and architecture, new food and people. It’s gonna be a really cool adventure. I think I’m most excited for nashville, just based on all the amazing thing’s I’ve heard about it, it really seems like its my vibe. I know some of the guys are also real siked for chicago as well. Some of these cities I literally know nothing about, so that’s gonna be interesting as well.
It’s pretty dang scary actually. First tour, no idea what I’m doing, preforming in front of people night after night. V afraid of technical issues and things failing and going wrong. Expecting everything to go wrong, and really praying nothing does.
All in all though, this is gonna be one hell of a journey, and I’m just incredibly grateful for every aspect of it.
- She’s American – the 1975
- Sweet Disposition – Temper Trap
- Everybody Wants To Rule The World – Tears for Fears
- Rill Rill – Sleigh Bells
- Mon Nom – Rodrigo Amarante
- Mother American – Roah Summit
- Desert Island Disk – Radiohead
- Girlfriend – Phoenix
- Inside Out – Phil Collins
- Little Secrets – Passion Pit
- Ribs – Lorde
- Who Knows Who Cares – Local Natives
- Cool Blue – Japanese House
- The Trapeze Swinger – Iron and Wine
- White Winter Hymnal – Fleet Foxes
- Bon Iver and 22 a Million (both records) – Bon Iver
- Backpack. Goes with me on all trips and adventures. Attached to the backpack are an Indonesian Ikat blanket and a wool cape.
- My hat. Usually with me wherever I go.
- Grand Chalet incense, going to be much needed traveling with five dudes.
- Fanny pack for holding things: phone, wallet, snacks, lizards, etc.
- Small leather bound journal and pen.
- Wallet, usually empty, with the exception of an occasional expired Chilis gift card.
- Travel size cologne.
- Good luck feather, obviously.
- African swordstick dagger.
- Shure MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone.
- Huarache knockoff leather sandalshoes
- Roli travel roll, for clothes and toiletries n such.
- Refillable water bottle, to fill with Arizona iced tea.
4/13 Cincinnati, OH @ The Woodward Theater*
4/18 Pittsburgh, PA @ Spirit Pittsburgh*
4/21 Columbus, OH @ The Basement*
4/22 Louisville, KY @ Zanzabar*
4/23 Nashville, TN @ Third and Lindsley*
4/27 St. Louis, MO @ Firebird*
Napa, CA @ BottleRock
Wincy, WA @ Sasquatch
* w/ Nightly
Keep up with Saint Mesa and all of the tour shenanigans here!