In eulogy to Michael Crichton, the purveyors of Odd at Wham City brought their production of his dinosaur epic back to Brooklyn one last time.
Lyrics to the Jurassic Park Theme, by Conor Kizer
Jurassic Park is a place
Where we all come together.
Man and dinosaur
Bird and lizard
We all hold hands as one.
Because life finds a way
Even in this darkest hour.
And true strength can be found
Locked within your genes.
Jurassic Park! It's a time out of time and a place
Of awe where we all can learn
To respect the power of nature and the lesson that we learn's
Where the past and the present
Lock in fatalistic embrace
And primal life has a chance
To defy technology.
Because systems are complex, chaotic, unpredictable.
A tyranosaur won't obey some park schedule!!!
Jurassic Park it's a time out of time and a place
Of awe where we can all learn
To respect the power of nature
And the lesson that we learn's
It's a time out of time and a place of awe……..
Other points of interest by Nate Dorr:
- Dennis Nedry is pretty much always eating a huge handful of what appears to be roast beef.
- Rose Chase is weirdly hard to recognize with a blond wig and enormous glasses.
- Even with all the costume padding, Dennis Nedry manages to fly about five feet across the stage when his jeep crashes.
- Paleontologists proven wrong: Dilophosaur is armed, not with venom, but with silly string.
- Oh man, that Tyranosaur costume, even if I couldn't get a good picture while he was breaking one of the jeeps in half.